Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The sweet spot

I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you...

Last night we went to a cook out for Memorial Day and we got home around 10. I was pretty tired and decided at 20 till 11 that I was going to bed. Andy said he wanted to finish the program he was watching and then he'd be to bed too.

OK, fast forward to 5:30am. I wake up out of a very restful sleep to find all the lights on in the kitchen and living room, the TV on full blast and my dear, sweet husband passed out on the couch. I must say that I was shocked, and a little angry. It was inevitable that the TV would eventually wake me up. I got him up, we put the bun away (he was enjoying his freedom behind the couch) and we went to bed. But for the next two hours I didn't really go back to sleep. I tossed and turned and didn't really go back to sleep until right before Andy's alarm went off at 7. Then I knew I had 30 more minutes of peace and I was wide awake. So because of all this and my lack of sleep I feel like I've been hit by a truck. And I have to go be cheerful and make small talk tonight. Ugh!

At this point you are wondering what the heck all this has to do with "the sweet spot." No?

Well, since we have gotten our new couch I have taken several naps on it. Something about the squishy, soft, leathery surface sucks me in and I go right to sleep. And then I can't wake up. I can even sleep on my back on the couch and I've never been able to sleep on my back.

This is a complete role reversal from our old couch which Andy conked out on most every night. He has been complaining that he hasn't quite found the right position/pillow/place on the new couch to go to sleep. Well, it appears that he has found his sweet spot. It is officially broken in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I so feel your pain on this one. Frank does this to me at least once a month and it makes me nuts. Grrrr...

    ReplyDelete