Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Fall and other stuff!

Is it fall? I'm not sure. Today is Labor day, so maybe fall doesn't start until after today. Actually the first official day of fall is September 22, but we're going to pretend like it's already here. Mkay?

Because fall is my most favorite season. It's when I'm most upbeat and positive. Everything that happens in the fall is good. Even if it's something bad, it must happen for a good reason. So, hooray fall! Or autumn, whichever.

One of the things I love most about fall is the clothes. I did a little shopping this weekend, and I have to tell you I'm a little disappointed. After looking in several stores at the new fall fashions I was feeling like I'd just been shopping all the Project Runway rejects.

Also, did you know that poncho's are back? It looks like they're calling them "capes" now and trying to pass them off as a new fashion trend. Sorry fashion people, but no matter how you slice it, that is a poncho and it isn't any cooler now than it was in the seventies or ten years ago when they could be found in every women's apparel store you walked into. Poncho's? Really? Pair that with some jeggings, another horrible happening trend right now, and that is a VH1 special waiting to happen.

But I wasn't really shopping for me anyway, so no love lost, fall. I'll check back in a month. Hopefully someone will come to their senses and release some good ole' fall sweaters later in the season.

Or maybe I can devise a way to enlarge children's clothing to fit me. Because what I was really shopping for was a birthday present. Someone is turning one later this month and needs some new fall clothes. And let me tell you, whoever is designing those clothes got it right. I'd love to wear just about everything I bought.

Wow, that was completely random and not at all the point of this post. But I've had two cups of coffee this morning and since I never drink coffee, that was probably a bad idea.

Anyway, what did I say earlier? Everything that happens in the fall is good. So yeah, on to the point of this post.

Andy and I are moving. It's been kind of a whirlwind around here the last few weeks, hence my lack of regular posting, and it's a decision we've made just in the last few days. Well, not to move, we've actually been talking about that for a while now.

We just decided to stop talking and do it, though, so this coming weekend we're moving out of our apartment and into Andy's parent's basement.

What?! So why are we moving in with Andy's parents? Well, there are many reasons why and not a few of them that I won't and can't go into right now. Not to worry, it's a decision we made because we wanted to, not because we had to. It's not our only option, but the best option for right now. It's just for a couple of months (famous last words), and in the meantime we have some decision making to do.

Andy is still working at the ski shop and since his parent's house is kind of far to drive every day he'll be relying on some of our friends for a place to stay a few nights a week. Roommate has his own apartment now, and he's agreed to return the favor and let Andy stay with him some.

So that's it. I just wanted to post something to let you all know I'm not dead, but I'm in charge of packing, so posting will continue to be light. Also, since we're moving on Saturday morning I might not get around to posting photos on Friday. Fret not, they will be posted... eventually.

Also, when I get another minute, maybe next week sometime, I'll have to tell you about our "Moving Inventory List" that Andy has created. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea and this is likely to be the most organized move in the history of time, but he's gone a bit far this time. That's all I'll say, because it really needs a post of it's own.

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Fall y'all!

See you later, alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment