Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Criminal

After I got off work this afternoon I decided to take a trip to the local outlet stores. I thought there might be some good sales going on. I was wrong. It slipped my mind that last week was tax free weekend and the stores had been wiped clean of all things summer and now all the full priced fall collections are gracing the sales floors. Guess I'll just have to wait a month or two.

Lamenting my poor luck I walked out to my car only to see a police car stopped behind it. I thought to myself that he needed to move so I could get out. Then I realize he is getting out of his car. What the heck? I walk up and he gestures towards my car and asks if it's mine. Yes it is. The he hands me my parking citation for parking in the police designated parking space. The ONLY one in the ENTIRE parking lot.

I was shocked that I had done that. I apologized, took my ticket and laughed at myself as I got in my car to leave. I think he actually felt bad after seeing the shocked look on my face when I learned of my blunder. But he had already written the ticket, so what could he have done. It's ok Mr.Policeman you were just doing your job. And, after all, it's only $25.

I missed the sign because as I was pulling into the space the person beside me was parked crooked and I was focusing all my energy into not hitting them and making sure they had enough space to get out without hitting me. I never once looked forward. Andy has always said that I'm oblivious to my surroundings. I guess he's right.

**********************************************************************************

I did day 3 of week 6 tonight in the C25K program. It was a 25 minute run. I feel like I did pretty well. At least I felt good at the end of it. This is only my second really long run so I automatically slow myself down in the beginning so I don't wear out too soon. I didn't run the recommended 2.5 miles, it was more like 2 miles, but I was happy with that. I did feel like I was going to blow chunks about 15 minutes in, but I think that has to do with a lack of digestion after dinner and the excess gas that has been crowding my stomach lately. (I'm sure you wanted to know that, but that's what's going on with my body.) I managed to breathe my way out of it, and it was smooth sailing the rest of the workout.

From now on there are no more intervals. I'm actually pretty excited about that. Intervals seem more difficult for me. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment