Friday, July 24, 2009

Photogenic Friday: The Hulk

This week I'd like to introduce you to my new ride. It's another Jeep.

It isn't really new. It's new to me, because for the last eight years it's been Andy's. He has generously agreed to loan it to me until I get my "real" new ride, whenever that may be.

Don't worry about Andy though, he has a truck to get around in, we call the truck Magnum. Well, I call the truck Magnum and Andy tolerates me naming his vehicles.

The Hulk is what I like to call my new mode of transportation.

This is what the Hulk looked like roughly six years ago.


Several years later the Hulk has certainly suffered some wear and tear at the hands of my husband. In the photo above he has made just a few slight modifications. He continued to make more while still striving to keep the Hulk road worthy as he relied on it to transport him on a regular basis.

Fast forward to 2006 when he bought Magnum and the Hulk became Andy's toy or off roading vehicle. The Hulk had been off roading before then, but Andy paid a little more attention to what he was doing.

Since then? Not so much.



This is what the Hulk looks like today.


I don't think I really need to explain why I call it the Hulk.

This is where Andy says a tree got in the Hulk's way and nearly ripped off half of the grill and headlight. It's held on with zip ties.


This is where a ditch just "jumped right up and hit the Hulk in the side."


These are they fog lights that Andy professed his love for just a few days ago. He told me he'd be very upset if something happened to his fog lights. I think he values them above all other things on or in the Hulk.

This is a pregnant woman trying to get into the Hulk. I don't know if you can tell from the photos, but the Hulk is much taller than your average Jeep.


The next day she told me she injured her hip and woke up with a shooting pain. She didn't get back in the Hulk.

I'm still not sure how she managed to get up there.

It was a challenge for me when I was in a cast. I don't have a photo, but I had it down to an art and really I think it would be worth putting my walking boot back on and recreating it on film, just for posterity's sake.

I make fun of the Hulk a lot, but really I'm grateful to have it. I wouldn't have a car at all without it and if I can't have my Jeep back, the Hulk is a nice substitute.

*I asked Andy to pick out an off roading picture for me to post and it took him longer to pick one than it did for me to write this post.*

No comments:

Post a Comment