Thursday, July 15, 2010

A quandry

In stark contrast to yesterday's post about getting healthy, this post is about dessert.

It's no secret that I like to bake. And I like dessert. I like to bake dessert and eat dessert.

About once every couple months I have a serious chocolate craving. It usually last a week (sometimes two) and every sweet thing that comes out of my kitchen involves chocolate in some way.

Actually, most of it doesn't make it out of the kitchen, because I eat it.

Anyway, my chocolate craving has struck again. About a week ago I made a chocolate pie. It was great, but I guess it didn't quite satisfy because yesterday after dinner I was struck with the overwhelming urge to eat some more chocolate.

Brownies were on my mind.

But one of my other weaknesses is the combination of peanut butter and chocolate so no-bake cookies were at the top of the list too.

I found a quick and simple recipe for brownies and I just happened to have all the ingredients in my pantry. Plus I've made no bake cookies a hundred times over and I'd never made the brownie recipe. The new recipe won out in the end.

I should have gone with the no bake cookies.

The brownies are more like cake. I like a good fudge like brownie and these are more like cake with no icing and it isn't even really good, stand alone cake. You know, like the kind that doesn't need icing because the cake is delicious by itself. I did mix in some chocolate chips I had lying around, but they don't make up for the lack of icing.

My chocolate craving still isn't satisfied with the mediocre brownies.

So the question is this: Do I suffer through until we've eaten all the so-so brownies, or do I go ahead and make the no bake cookies; hoarding them all for myself and leaving the brownies for Andy and Roommate to finish off?

As you can tell, this is a very serious situation I have on my hands. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment