Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nirvana

No, not the band, the philosophical principal.

That is what fall is to me. And guess what? Fall has finally come around again.

There are many tangible reasons behind my love for this season: fall clothing, the changing of the leaves, the beautiful fall sky, fresh fall produce, festivals, lower temperatures, Halloween, Thanksgiving, fall decorations, new television programing, baking with cinnamon... I could go on and on.

However, the main reason that I love fall and hold it dear to my heart is totally imperceptible to anyone but me. Fall gives me a feeling; a feeling of nirvana. Something about this time of year makes everything right. Nothing can go wrong and even if it does I know it's going to be alright. Fall is my felix felicis.

It couldn't have come at a better time either. Lately, nothing seems right. Now that fall is here it is already starting to envelop me in its vast, welcoming arms and make me feel whole again; creeping it's way into my soul to heal all the wounds that have been left this past year.

It's good to have you back old friend, you've been gone too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment