Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back on the sofa

I'm sleeping on the sofa again so it's easier to stay upright. I've really come to hate our sofa. It's a beautiful piece of furniture, but it's been my home for nearly two months now. I'll be glad when my crap isn't strewn all over it and I'm not tethered to it by doctor's orders.

I ate my words. Not about the suppositories. I'm still refusing to take those. But I did throw up last night. I wasn't allowed to eat before my surgery and then after I felt so bad I didn't want to eat. This surgery causes a lot of drainage, both out of my nose and into my stomach and it isn't just sinus drainage, there is a lot of blood. That combination just isn't good for an empty stomach. I kind of new it was coming and I felt a lot better after so I ate a little something and I haven't been nauseated since.

I'll say this for Andy though; I wasn't fast enough to get to the bathroom with my bum ankle so I had to use the small trash can next to the couch and he didn't give away a single notion that he was grossed out by anything. He sat and watched me do it and then had to clean it up. Not once did he gag, or if he did he made sure he kept it from me. Bless him for that. He really is a wonderful nurse, but I know he'll be just as glad to have me back to normal as I will.

The pain in my nose comes and goes. It's like a constant burning that sometimes gets stronger. I also have a sinus headache like I've never experienced before, and I've had some major sinus infections in my life. Hopefully that will subside in a day or so.

Otherwise everything else seems fine. I feel kind of weak all over from the anestesia and pain medication, but since recovery is supposed to be a quick turnaround I shouldn't feel this way too long.

Friday I have to go for my post-op appointment and he'll take out the stints in my nose. I'm not looking forward to that. I had them when I was in the hospital and they were quite painful coming out. I'll let you know how that goes.

My mom is keeping me company today. She doesn't sit down much when she's here which stresses the bunnies out. Milton worries over her something awful. I wish you could see the look on his face. It's like he's saying, "Nana, why don't you give it a rest, so I can rest?!"

I think I'm going to make her sit and watch a movie with me later this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey love! I've been thinking about you and meaning to come over here to see how you were doing.

    All in all it sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected. What a tough girl :)

    If I was closer I'd bring you some of my ice cream stash!! That's love :)