Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sorry ladies, he's taken...

Can I just take a moment to brag on my husband and tell the world how wonderful he is? I know I say a lot of things about how he annoys me and he is ridiculous and sometimes like a small child. But really, he's no more child like than any other man. I think it's genetically built into them. But I digress.

He is the most patient person I know. Which is a complete 180 from me. I'm the most impatient person I know. When I was small my mother used to say to me, 'Joanna, patience is a virtue." I didn't know what a virtue was at the time and my slim understanding of the word patience extended to know it meant waiting on something to happen. Well, I didn't want to wait. I didn't care that patience was a virtue. I wanted something NOW!

This attitude really hasn't changed much in my adult life. The only difference is that now I can appease my impatience by doing things myself. I don't have to rely on others as much. But you can imagine, that Andy still has to put up with quite a lot from his impatient wifey. And through it all he stays calm, cool and collected. What a guy!

Since the summer has started it feels like we constantly have something to do. Really, something for me to do and drag Andy along. But in the last few weeks I have really come to appreciate what a wonderful man I married.

We went to Whitney's wedding where he only knew a handful of people. There would have been others, but extenuating circumstances kept them away. Shannon and I had so much to do that day he found himself alone for most of it. And when he did have contact with us it was to do something for us. "Take this to the car please." "Take that picture please." "Go get me some water please." "Take us to the reception then go to the ATM please." No, I'm not kidding about that last one. He really was a trooper that day, and he didn't complain once. Not until the end of the night when we were ready to go, but I decided I needed to use the bathroom before starting the long trip home.

And since then we have hit the ground running planning Terry's party for this Saturday. He has helped me plan and offered to do things that I never would have thought of until the last minute. I think he is having fun with it to be honest. Maybe not as much fun as I am, but he is excited to smoke some pork this weekend. He's been talking about doing that for a month now. His grill is his second love.

I guess it has just hit me all of a sudden how blessed I am. Blessed to be married to my complete opposite. We balance each other out. He has just the right amount of chill and I have just the right amount (probably too much) of neurotic control freak. And he's mine forever. And I'm his, God love him.

I'm going to have to do something nice for him after this weekend when things calm down. I'm not sure what, but I'll figure something out.

But someone do me a favor. Next time I'm ready to kick him to the couch, please remind me to come back and read this. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment