Monday, January 26, 2009

A scrapper's paradise

This weekend I attended a marathon crop with some of my scrapbook friends. In case you don't know what a crop is, it's when you get together for a period of time with other scrapbookers and work on your various projects while spending time together. We usually get together one Friday night a month for a few hours. But every winter there is a weekend long marathon crop. It's good for completing things from the previous year and getting everything in order for the year coming up.

I've never been to a marathon crop before, this was my first one. It was exhausting (I'm still not fully recovered), but also a lot of fun and I did manage to get some things done. I also took a break from all the tedious work to take a few pictures of everyone. I think total there were 20 women who were in and out both days. So here's my proof that I was there and so were they:

This is just one side of the room
Look at all that stuff!!
Our lovely and gracious planner/hostess,
my mother-in-law, Kathryn

Proof that a good self portrait can be madeMy workstation,
spread out to work on my niece's albumKyrie and Laura hard a workOur cutting station
2 cricket's, 2 sizix cutters,

and a multitude of shape punches,
among other things.This is Gail...She has a lot of stuff...When the people next to her left
she spread all her stuff out over two tables.
Those are six foot tables people.
Father-in-law, Jack, stopped in to visit
and have dinner with us on Saturday night.
****************************************************************
And now for something I like to call Veronicaisms.

My niece is quite the character. I've talked about her before, but usually in context with her brothers and something we had all done together. She is six and a half and you could make an entire "Kids Say the Darnedest Things" show out of one day spent with her. So I've decided to make a record of all the cute stuff she says so one day we'll have proof to embarrass her in front of friends and future boyfriends.

Some of her most recent:

On finding out her mother is having another girl (this March!):
"Her name should be Unicornia."

On viewing a picture of herself as an infant:
"Oh, I was such an adorable little baby."

On viewing a picture of Andy and I receiving our college diplomas:
"Hey Aunt Joanna! That's you congraduating!"

My grandmother/her great-grandmother gives her a cough drop. She sucks on it for a while, then responds with:
"I don't know how much more of this I can take."
She is given a tissue to spit it out:
"Those things are for old ladies."

I don't get to see her as much as I would like, but I get showered with these every time, so I'll be sure to report back whenever I can. There will come a day when she might force me to erase these from view of the whole world, but for now, they're too darn cute not to share. And a note to my brother, who I know reads this blog, if you have any to add, please feel free to drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment