Friday, October 30, 2009

Photogenic Friday: Once I was a fairy

Ok, so this isn't a Halloween picture (hence the Christmas decorations in the background).

But I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a while. So long, that I can't tell you when the last time was, and this is the closest I have of me looking like something besides myself.


This was the first day of finals at the end of my first semester away at college. My friend Jenn (pictured) was in a costume makeup class and had to make over a live person for her final. Since I am petite and had really short hair at the time she asked if I would be willing to participate and let her turn me into a fairy.

A couple of days (and one sleepless night) later and this was the result. I had an army of people making me over. The night before the actual "performance" we had a "dress rehearsal" and if I remember correctly there were at least two people besides Jenn adding things to my face. See the ears? Those were added at about 2 in the morning. All this while I was frantically trying to study for my math exam which was scheduled just before Jenn's makeup exam.

I failed miserably. But that had a lot more to do with my personal math prowess (or lack of) than aiding and abetting my friend in her quest for an A.

Whatever. It was a lot of fun even though we were all sleep deprived and our brains were fried.

It'd do it over in a heartbeat.

I hope you all have a lovely All Hallows' Eve!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your friend got an A!

    I nominated you for an award -
    http://themilleradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/2009/11/back-in-saddle-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that night! Aaahhh good times. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete