Monday, November 2, 2009

I would like to thank the academy...

I've been trying to think of something good to post today because this post is a mile marker for this blog. This is my 300th post! Whoa!

What on earth could be good enough for number 300?

Then when I logged into blogger this morning my question was answered for me by Jamee.

She dropped me a line to let me know that she'd nominated me for an award. My first ever on this blog! Awesome!


Background: This award is given to bloggers that are "Back in the Saddle" of life. This may be someone who is undergoing medical treatments, restarting his/her life, resurfacing after a tragedy, or someone who is just trying to sport a new attitude. Recipients have an attitude of a fighter, strive to be a winner of the battle, and show determination.

Rules: Post the award's graphic, background, and rules on your blog. Explain how you are "Back in the Saddle" again, and then pass the award on to at least four other bloggers who are "Back in the Saddle" just like you. Make sure you let them know that they have been given this award, and ask them to pass it on.

Jamee wrote some really sweet things about me on her blog, so head on over there to read her comments. I'm truly honored that she thought of me for this because some days I feel like I've fallen off the saddle again. Staying positive through the aftermath of my car crash is often a real challenge. It's so nice to have someone acknowledge my effort. Thank you Jamee!

My nominees are:

Megan The picture of a wonderful wife and mother. Megan shares her personal struggles and triumphs on her blog, making those who read it want to strive to be better.

Susan She and her husband overcame their struggles with infertility to welcome their sweet little boy last March. Though life isn't perfect her blog is a constant reminder that every day offers something to celebrate.

Amber Where do I begin. This family is such a pillar of strength and Amber has made such an effort to reach out to me these past six months even while dealing with her own personal tragedy. She is handling life one day at a time and reminds us all to hold our loved ones dear.

Casey Between her struggles with infertility, helping her husband through law school and battling her inner demons, Casey is still a rock star! She is honest about how hard life is and that is what makes her so endearing.


It's amazing how an online community can mean so much to a person. People you don't know personally put their lives on display for you every day. I often find that it's a lifeline for me when I've exhausted every other outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment