Monday, November 16, 2009

Spoiled

Remember how much the bunnies love apples?

A while back sharing got to be too much for them so I took their apple and cut it in half. Peace was restored in bunny land!

The night I got home from the baby shower I took an apple out of the centerpiece and put it on the floor for them.

(I know what you're thinking. No wonder we had gnats if I'm just leaving fruit lying in the living room floor, right? But really, the gnats never noticed the fruit on the floor. They really didn't care for the bunnies or their stuff.)

Anyway, back to my story.

That was Saturday evening. I thought for sure the bunnies would attack the apple and it would be gone before bedtime. Once they saw it they nudged it around with their noses a little, but then walked away. Resisting temptation.

I thought they must be full and they would get to it the next day.

The lonely apple sat, uneaten, on the floor all day Sunday. They both nudged it a little more, but otherwise paid it no attention.

Monday rolled around and I was beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with it. It was a little bruised because it had fallen out of the basket and rolled around, but they'd never had a problem with bruises before. They usually attack apples with serious vim and vigor.

I decided on one last ditch effort to entice them with the apple. They had never said no to a treat before and I was begging to take their disdain personally.

So that afternoon I took the apple into the kitchen and cut it in half thinking that the stronger smell would convince them that this apple was good eats and not poisoned after all.

As soon as I walked back into the living room, before I even put the apple back on the floor, I had four beady little eyes staring up at me.

Once I put it down they each took a half and the apple was gone before dinner time.

The little punks had waited nearly 48 hours for me to cut the apple in half. They weren't sharing. No way! No how!

Back when they still shared.
Keeping guard.

Andy has always said that I spoil them, and now I know he's right. Just don't tell him that okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment