Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wherein I complain about the heat

I like to rub it in that I live in a mild summer climate. It gives me great pleasure, most of the time, to call my friends and family in hotter places and tell them about our cool mountain breezes and warm (not hot) sunny days.

However, this is North Carolina and occasionally the heat does find it's way up the mountain and into our town.

Usually this doesn't happen until later in the summer, usually August.

But today is June 23, which is far from August.

And the temperature is currently 95.

I just heard a collective, "Boo-freakin-hoo" come from the eastern part of the state where people are experiencing temps in the hundreds.

To which I reply, "Suck it!"

Know why? Because I'm going to bet that all of you have air conditioning and if you don't you likely have a call in to your local air conditioning repair man and your cool air will be back up and running as soon as he makes his way to your home.

Guess what our air conditioning is? A box fan propped in our sliding glass door.

Yep.

We can't even get a window unit because our apartment has vertical crank windows. They don't make air conditioners for vertical crank windows.

Let me repeat myself. All you people with air conditioning? Can SUCK IT!

It looks like the people who have predicted a sweltering summer in answer to this year's harsh winter are going to be right. I'd like to punch all of them in the face.

Also, it's really bad for bunnies to get over heated. I usually don't worry too much, because our sweltering days are few, but it looks like there are going to be a lot more of them this year. So I'm trying to talk Andy into helping me shave the bunnies. It won't be pretty, but they'll probably thank me for it later.

I'm done whining for now. All of you can go back to enjoying your air conditioning (suck it!) and I'm going to go buy some freeze pops.

2 comments:

  1. Well I was going to point out that I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I'm pretty sure it is hot as h$ll outside but no AC. I'm sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha................. sorry. I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete