Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One track mind

It hasn't really stopped snowing since we arrived in Colorado. There were a couple of sunny days last week, but mostly it's just been snowy. Andy has to travel further to work here than he did in NC, so he spends every night glued to the local news before he goes to bed so he can see the weather report.

Last night, he turned on the news, and then, for whatever reason, decided he wanted to take a shower. I was using the laptop, so I muted the television, but when a segment came on that I wanted to see I would turn the sound back on. The weather was one of the segments that I turned the sound on for.

Andy came out during the segment after the weather and this is what happened:

Andy: Do you know what they said on the weather?


Me: (eyes glued to the computer screen) They're forecasting more snow.


Andy: Yes, I knew that. (pauses) Was the meteorologist a man or a woman? 


Me: (looking at Andy now) Ummmmm... I don't remember.


Andy: So, you don't really know what they said.


Me: No, I guess not.

What can I say? The laptop was right in front of me and it was way more interesting than the weather. What I do remember about the weather forecast is this: Blah, blah, blah, snow. Blah, blah, cold. Blah, blah, blah, blah, more snow.

Hopefully Andy learned his lesson. Probably not, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment