Friday, November 28, 2008

Gratitude, Day 27

We had an amazing Thanksgiving feast. Yesterday, after I went to spend a little time with some extended family, I came back home and started cooking. Or rather, resumed cooking, because Wednesday was spent in the kitchen as well. Andy and I invited a friend over for dinner and he contributed to our buffet as well. I have to say, I'm really proud of our first Thanksgiving meal. There is a lot of food left though, so if you're in need, please stop by my house.

On the Menu:

Breakfast:

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Dinner:

Maple Brined Turkey Breast (brining is the way to go, the turkey was extra juicy)
Homemade yeast bread
Green Beans (From Tyler)
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole (with brown sugar and pecan topping)
Stuffing with Dried Cranberries
Whiskey Glazed Carrots
Homemade Apple Pie (from Tyler)

The Spread
The pie was every bit as good as it looks.
Thanks Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment