Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gratitude, Day 29

For the first half of the day I told people that it was the 28th and even printed it on some documents that I had to go back and fix once I figured out that I'm an idiot. If I'd written my gratitude post this morning like I meant to do that wouldn't have happened now would it? Live and learn.

***************************************************************

Getting down to business: today (and every day) I'm grateful for all of my readers. Some of you are people that I know personally and you read my drivel because you know me and you get where I'm coming from. I try to make it obvious to everyone, but it's hard to convey certain emotions in writing. What astounds me is that I seem to have picked up quite a few readers that I've never met. I think that's awesome.

I started this blog as a way to keep friends and family updated on my life. I'm sure many of you have experienced the pain of growing up and growing apart. People move on and don't stay up to date with the ones that really matter. This was my way of avoiding that. It has turned into something else entirely. I've never been a diary keeper, but something about letting the world wide web know my innermost thoughts keeps me posting. Not to say that there isn't a certain level of censorship in what I write. There is, but if we are honest with ourselves we can admit that we censor even the most intimate of relationships. Is there any one person that knows everything about you but yourself? The real answer to that is no.

So thank you for taking this journey with me. I plan to continue to keep things as real as possible around here, and if I can entertain you or cause you to stop and think about an issue along the way, then I'm happy with that.

If you like me then stick around, and feel free to leave your comments. I do love waking up to a comment in the morning.

If you don't like me then just go away. Not that I don't want you to stick around and try to like me, but life is too short to force yourself to like someone. There are plenty of other blogs out there and I'm sure you'll stumble across one that is just your cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment