Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gratitude, Day 9

So yesterday I talked about what great weather we're having and how much I have loved it. But let's face it, this is November and the nights around here are a little nippy. Andy and I pulled out the flannel sheets a couple of weeks ago and put them on the bed.

Have you ever slept on flannel sheets? If you don't have any you should totally go buy some.

We love ours, they are heaven sent. Having them on the bed adds a lot of insulation in the morning when it's so cold outside the sheets.

However, a couple of weeks ago (on Andy's birthday) I was informed of a downside to flannel sheets; something that I had never even considered. We went to Andy's Grandmama's house for his birthday lunch and we started talking about how much we loved our flannel sheets and were so glad we had them. They Grandmama said how she never cared for them because of how she sticks to them and can't roll over. I hope she didn't think I was being rude because as soon as she said that I know my face went blank. I didn't know what the heck she was talking about. Stick to them? How do you stick to them?

Then it dawned on me. Grandmama's pajamas stick to the flannel sheets. 'Round these parts we don't wear pajamas. We don't sleep completely nekid, but neither of us wear enough clothes to bed for it to make a difference what kind of sheets we use. We glide right over them. Once I figured this out I just smiled and nodded in agreement with what Grandmama had said. I didn't have the heart to tell her why we didn't have that problem. Since she is from a different school of though I'm pretty sure she might not have appreciated that tidbit of information.

One day, when we have kids, it will probably be necessary for me to start wearing pajamas again. But for now I'm going to keep on lovin' my flannel sheets in the semi-buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment