Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The name game

Every now and then, Andy and I will play "the name game." It's when we throw a name out there all, "Bam! How 'bout them apples" in reference to our hypothetical, non-existent, futuristic children. We don't do it often, just whenever one of us has heard a name that piques our interest.

So, yesterday I had a name and in the afternoon I casually drop it into our conversation. It went like this:

Me: What do you think of the name Veda?


Andy: Like Darth Vader from Star Wars?


Me: No, like for a girl. Veda is a girl's name.


Andy: (in his Darth Vader voice) Veda, I am your father. No, I really don't think you want to do that.

He's such a huge Star Wars fan. I really should have seen that coming.

Oh well, mark that one off the list. At least I got a good laugh out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment