Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I still have a couple more decorations to make for our apartment, so I'm not quite ready to post pictures of it.

To tide you over I thought I'd share a sampling of the lights that are up around town.

"Lighting up the town" takes on a whole new meaning around here. Lights are a big deal, especially colored lights. In North Carolina it seemed like white lights were the thing to do. That is not the case here and in certain areas it looks like Christmas threw up on the trees and buildings. I LOVE IT!

Here is the display in front of our post office.



Also, at the "front" of main street there is a really awesome display, but it's so big and it's at a large, busy intersection. I've been wanting to take a picture for a while now, but couldn't figure out how to get the whole thing in one shot or how to not get run over in the process. But last night we drove past and I had the video camera with me so I took a short video. It isn't great, but you get the idea. Notice how some of the lights "move" and the trees behind the "Frisco" sign aren't strung, but they have a spotlight that changes colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment