Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Best, A Birthday Wish

Dear Julieanna,

Today is your birthday. I thought I'd remind you in case you had forgotten. I had big plans of waking up early and calling you to be one of the first to wish you a happy day. I failed miserably. You, in fact, were the one to wake me up because Andy and I stayed up too late last night. Oh well, maybe next year. Or better yet, maybe next year I'll get to see you on your birthday.

I've been thinking about what I should write about you on my blog today. I've written stories about you in the past and these last couple of days I've been telling everyone about how important you are to me. I couldn't decide what story to tell today. There are so many to chose from.

Finally I decided that I wouldn't tell a story, but rather write you a letter with all of my birthday wishes for you. Not just for the coming year, but for your life.

When you blow out your candles tonight you can make your own wish and think about the ones I'm making for you here and hopefully they will all come true.

I wish for you a long happy life with your husband, Frank.

I wish for you a new house soon.

I wish for you a home full of laughter and many tiny feet.

I wish for you ease in creating all those tiny feet.

I wish for you health.

I wish for you peace of mind.

I wish for you compassion from those around you.

I wish for you to always have music in your head and heart.

I wish for you many sunny days.

I wish for you happiness.

I wish for you strength to deal with the pain that is inevitable in life.

I wish for all of your wishes, for yourself and your family, to come true.

Most of all, I wish for you to have joy in your life.

I will also make you a promise. That even if none of these wishes come true, or all of them do, I will be there through it all. There is nothing like a good friend. If I haven't learned anything else in my 26 years I have learned that, and I learned it from you.

Now go enjoy your day and have a piece of cake for me. Because we all know how much I love cake.

1 comment:

  1. So I just finished reading all of your post about me and I cried and cried and cried. It is so wondeful to have a friend who loves me no matter how stupid I have been over the years. You have the one friend who has kept me grounded through high school, college and now in our adult lives. You are more amazing than any friend I have ever had or will ever have. You are also the sister I never had and you were also the 2nd daughter my parents never had. Thank you much for being you! Thank you for the sweet words. They are more precious than any tangable gift anyone could give me.
    I love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete