Friday, March 13, 2009

Dark chocolate no bake cookies

If you haven't ever made these you're totally missing out, and you don't even need to know how to bake. They require minimum effort with maximum rewards.

I made them tonight because my sweet tooth was protruding and my options were to go buy a $6 piece of chocolate cake or make something myself. I already had all the ingredients so I whipped up a batch of no bake cookies instead.

I modified the recipe and used dark chocolate cocoa powder instead of regular. It made the cookies extra rich and decadent. Though it also increased their resemblance to cow patties, but I promise they don't taste anything like poo.



Truly, a chocoholic's dream.



**Edit: I forgot to mention that I also didn't use chunky peanut butter. I used creamy because that's what I had on hand. I've never had these with the chunky kind. I imagine it would put a different spin on the texture of the cookie, which I'm not so sure about. But give it a try if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment