Monday, February 1, 2010

Couple's weekend

Remember how I told you we have a group now? So,  it turns out that when you have a group they actually like to do things with you.

Yesterday I showed you a little preview from our couple's getaway this weekend. Now I'm going to show you the rest.

There really isn't much of a story here. Saturday night we stayed in and watched a movie while enjoying libations next to the cozy fire.

Sunday we slept in had a big brunch and then headed out for a hike. We didn't get to hike a whole lot because Andy had to work last night, but a good time was had by all. Plus, have you ever hiked in the snow? Snow that is more than a foot deep? It's hard. Like, really hard.

That about sums it up. So now I'll just let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Chardonnay - my wine of choice
 Sometimes we can take a good picture
(photo courtesy of Allison)
Cozy by the fire
Cozy on the sofa
In the morning. There is a river that runs behind the cabin.
 I don't wear this jacket much because the zippers constantly get stuck. 
It's annoying.
(photo courtesy of Allison)
Before we left for the hike
Where we started
Some scenery on the way up
Bunny tracks!
Mid-hike photos
More scenery
Just before he fell
Almost there
(photo courtesy of Allison)
View from the top
Back at the bottom. Ready to go home

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a great weekend! I bet that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is Robert holding a little snow ball & Andy has the big hunk? I'm glad you had a get away. Everyone looks looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete